Thursday, January 7, 2010

Google is taking over the world, one doodad at a time.

After my first Blogger post yesterday, I played around with it a bit and I noticed the ‘Next Blog’ tab at the top of the page. Always being down for a readingventure, I clicked the button, hoping to add a few good blogs to my daily addiction reader. I can’t figure out how they determine the ‘next’ blog. It definitely isn’t alphabetical, oldest, newest, most recent post or any other easily desernible measure. I’m sure I could google it but I was too busy being mesmerized by all of the blogs by mommies, women trying to be mommies and infertile mommy wannabes.

I must have flipped through 30 blogs last night and I didn’t find any by a man or a single, childless by choice, female blogger.

For a minute or two, I thought my spinster nightmares had come true and I was the last single woman on Earth or perhaps the blogosphere. I was on the verge of throwing myself down for the temper tantrum of the decade, (yes, that would have helped -help ensure my spinsterhood at the very least) but I decided to wait and ‘Next Blog’ today and see where that takes me.

Fortunately for all (especially me, I’m not as young as I used to be and temper tantrums take stamina) I did not have the same results. Instead of the various states of mommyhood, today, I found a variety of crafters, bloggers for Christ, blogs in other languages so I have no idea what the hell they're about, literary agents and editors, poets and children’s book authors.

Very interesting collection of stuff on these here interwebs. Very interesting. Blogger obviously has more of a blogging community than Typepad but the main reason I decided to test it as an alternative, besides allowing custom designs (for FREE!), is all of the really cool blog doodads Google has like Feedburner, Analytics, and Reader. Google is a one stop blogity shop.

Soon, it will be a one stop life shop. I think the next update to the Dashboard will allow you to turn on the coffee maker and start the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment