Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A gift cake you DON'T want to look in the mouth

Today is my granboss’ (my boss’ boss) 65th birthday and to celebrate, KJ and I ordered him a cake. We briefly toyed with the idea of a cake with a motion activated dinosaur to simultaneously represent his life’s work and his life, being old and all but we were dismayed to find this cake would only feed 10 to 12 and we needed something for about 30. So, we put on our thinking caps and got down to some serious cake decorating ideas and we came up with this beauty:

Muffy cake

I am not sure this photo fully captures this absolute grotesquest image we asked the bakery to use but please feel free to check out these images to see similar ‘beings’. My granboss lovingly named our little friend Muffy Man and he takes great pleasure in introducing Muffy to new staff members. Needless to say, once you have met Muffy Man, your life will be forever changed. Having personally experienced Muffy, I am not convinced it is for the better.

As an added birthday bonus, we dressed Muffy Man up for the occasion and he attended the cake gathering.

Muffy man

If I had to venture a guess, this is probably the best thing (in his opinion) my granboss’ staff has ever done for him.

And, if I am to be completely honest, deer ass cake ain’t half bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment