Monday, January 11, 2010

2 layers and stalking

I had an incredibly productive Sunday. (Yes, I know it's now Monday. Haven't we already discussed this judging?) Well, as productive as one can be while staying buried 5 layers deep in her bed. The temperature was supposed to drop to 14 degrees. That’s not drop BY 14 degrees. That’s drop TO 14 degrees, like the temperature outside is a whopping 14 degrees. Are you kidding me? This is still Florida right? Did I move and not realize it? 14 DEGREES?!

Needless to say, I added 2 more layers, a pair of socks for my hands and a heating pad.

This cold weather is wreaking havoc on my skin, my hands in particular, so I lotioned up and planned to put on a pair of those white, cotton gloves you get with manicure stuff but I took them to work because they are much smaller than regular gloves so I can still kinda type while wearing them. I looked around for another pair and I found a pair of Aloe Vera socks I got for Christmas. I used my MacGyver skills to combine some chapstick, the letter E and green eye shadow to convert those puppies into mittens. (If your MacG skills are not as honed as mine, you can also try just putting your hands into the socks and calling it a day.) Besides keeping me all warmed up, my hands look and feel awesome! I’m gonna test ‘em out on my feet next.

I added the heating pad to the layers for an extra bit of warm toastiness and I blame that addition for not leaving my bed the entire day! Electric blankets must be uhMAzing. I do feel a little bad for using the heating pad for warmth though. My roommate gave himself whiplash the other day when he tried to avoid sitting on my dog in mid sit mode. It was kinda entertaining to watch (if you are a heartless bitch that finds humor in the pain of others). Not that I laughed. Much. He was hunched over for a day or two and he asked to borrow my heating pad but it got super cold so I told him I couldn’t find it. Sucker (hi DP! ; P)

I texted the roomie to deliver me lunch to my room but I didn’t get a response. (And he wonders why I didn’t ‘find’ the heating pad.) So, I did have to get up for food purposes but other than that, I pretty much stayed bundled up on my bed with my computer. And that’s where the productivity comes into play.

I spent a good portion of the morning deciding my votes for the 20sb Bootlegger Awards and that reminded me that I need to update the list of people I virtually stalk my blog roll. So, here are a few more names to add to the list:

no ordinary rollercoaster – this is one of the first blogs I started following. I can’t remember if I found it by way of 20sb or if I found 20sb by way of it. Either way, I am all the better for having found both. Ben, the author, is like the hub of the freaking blogosphere or he pisses champagne, everywhere I go, someone is thanking him or crediting him or linking to him. And frankly, anyone that dresses up as Richard Simmons, spandex and all, and sells cupcakes, door to door, to raise awareness and money for breast cancer is A-OK in my book.

Stoic – I just recently started following this blog and so far, I love it! You know what they say? A picture is worth a thousand words? Tia finds the most amazing photographs to illustrate her thoughts and I really dig that.

More is Better – the sub-title to this blog is Deliciously Vulgar. How can I not be virtual bffs with a girl like this? A recent post about dry humping and used panties solidified her in the highest levels of my esteem.

Blogs by Night – I’m new to this blog as well but I think it’s a keeper. Stephen seems incredibly genuine, if that’s possible via the interwebs, and he makes better cookies than me and takes better photos than me. Yeah, I know neither of these are terribly difficult feats given the travesties I call cookies and photos but I think Stephen is good and he isn’t a douche bag about it.

It’s like I’m…mmmagic! – Brandy is ricockulously funny, even as she is currently going through a special level of hell. Between the ‘secret projects’ and giving sexwear to a 10 year old this blog gives my heart a boner.

I know my Oprah-like skills are pretty powerful so I will end here. I don’t want anyone calling into work this week so you can catch up on all the blogs I read. But if you find yourself with some time on your hands, definitely check these good folks out!

1 comment: